Friday, October 13, 2006

Ramadan Musings

Ever since ramadan started my sleep has been forced out of my body through
the back door and this is the very same reason I want to end up with ramadan asap.
Just a teeny more than a week to go.

Yesterday, my work place had a ramadan tent up in a leading hotel.The setting was
traditional arabic with live music, people sheesha-ing and an open buffet.Naturally,
the only thing of these three which was of interest to me was the open buffet.
Buffets have gotten boring over a period of time due to a similar nature of food that's
available but the reason could be that I have had 3 buffets in the same hotel within
3 months time.

Two incidents which happened with me in the ramadan get together were

1.I asked for milk and the waiter said they didn't have any, this remark coming from
an employee of one of the best hotels in Qatar wasn't saisfying.So I asked another waiter
and she got me milk right in front of the waiter I asked before.

2. I asked for a glass so I could have some water and after drinking some I find
something fishy with the taste.A glimpse on the glass revealed why,it had lipstick on it.


I don't wish it to be, but I think this will be the last post before eid for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger shampoo suicide said...

seemingly everyone's been having bad experiences with restaurants in Ramadan. Similarly, went to a Mexican restaurant. Poor service, I'd tell you. Its pathetic really.

1:59 PM  
Blogger mortalmuslim said...

Assalamoaliekum
if it was ramadhan tent ,it had music???shocking!!any ways
pre eid mabrook!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Read before use said...

subhana..but this was a five star hotel Iam talking about.

mortal..yes it had music, it is arabic
culture.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uve been tagged. Do it after eid, whenever:)

Take care

10:05 PM  
Blogger *Dulce* said...

woah...If I were you, i would've probably called the manager!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home